The Counsciènci were used to store and transport olive oil. They were made around 1850 in Aubagne, France. Filled with oil, they were given to the workers at the end of the olive harvest and were also given to the beggars passing through the villages, hence “good conscience.” The shape has been lightened, and the number of attachment rings, multiplied, giving a contemporary reinterpretation of this century-old piece. Its slender silhouette requires several hours of work on the wheel by a master ceramist.
Finish : Glazed earth
Dimensions : ∅ 5,5” × H 14,1”